Tuesday 7 May 2019

Things Here Lately










Autumn is well and truly here now, although it has been very mild and pleasant outside, evenings are still a little cooler.  Here's a little bit of what I have been kept busy with, and enjoying over the past couple of weeks.

  • The quilting plan for my Hexie pillow cover has changed.  Last night I decided the quilting I had already done just wasn't me.  Luckily I hadn't done any more since this post, so it didn't take to long to unpick.  Some tape for stitching guides was applied, a brighter thread used, and voila, a finished pillow top.
  • Miss B celebrated a birthday last week, I made her a Spiced Honey Cake using this recipe.  Quite mild, not overly sweet, though I could quite happily sit there and scoff a bowl of the icing myself.
  • Some good books have been read.  I especially enjoyed Where the Crawdads Sing.  I have noticed that a lot of my reads this year are based on strong female characters set in the times of WW2.
  • I had a quick trip on the train to Drapers fabric the other weekend.  The greenish/black fabric is tencel and is in the process of being turned into some culottes.  The navy cupro is probably destined for the same pattern, and I couldn't resist this animal print viscose which will be a top of some description.
  • My tamarillos are slowly ripening.  My tree is quite laden and with them currently priced at NZ$12.99/kg in the supermarket I am quite pleased to be able to enjoy lots of them this season.
Wishing you all a wonderful May.

4 comments:

  1. I have The Huntress on hold from the library and I just checked and it looks like I should be getting it any day now - I liked the other book I read by her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tamarillos look delicious. My favourite way to enjoy them is let them get really really ripe then scoop ( skinless ) onto a piece of vogels hoast with a smear of honey on it. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing your culottes! They sound fabulous! I have also requested that novel from my school library. It had popped up more than once in my IG feed for me to be curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Happy Birthday to your your girl.
    What was your review of Where The Crawdad's Sing?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.