Monday 27 May 2019

More Botanic Trousers

 




I made another pair of Botanic trousers, this time in a navy cupro. 
For those wondering what cupro fabric is, here are the nitty gritty details from Perfectly Basics


About
Cupro is a regenerated cellulose fiber that is produced by treating cotton cellulose with cuprammonium salt. It is especially known to resemble silk, and is also known as artificial silk.

Characteristics

Cupro fabrics breath like cotton, drapes beautifully, and look and feels like silk on your skin. Just like most other regenerated cellulosic fibers is possess low shrinkage characteristics, as well as good moisture absorbency and wrinkle resistant qualities. It has subtle luster and takes up dye very well – giving rich colored garments. A disadvantage with cupro is that it takes up stains very easily.


This fabric was a delight to sew and I love how this pair of trousers drapes, it really does have the swish factor when I walk.  I made the self fabric belt too, but have had some troubles attaching the belt loops, so that part is still a work in progress.  I'm really looking forward to wearing these, however do need to make or buy some fitted tops more suited to cooler temperatures to wear with them.  

**photos by Miss B**


6 comments:

  1. Those look comfortable and nicely flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these trousers! I like the full leg, they look very comfortable to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great pair of trousers Julie! I agree with other commenters about how comfortable they look! I hope you really enjoy wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them. They look very comfortable.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your finish! Great work and I like what I read about the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous Julie, and look so good on you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.