Winter has well and truly arrived in New Zealand now. I'm enjoying
- reading with the fire going. I'm frantically trying to finish these two books, as there are too many holds on them, for me to be able to renew them. I love Frances Mayes' italian travel memoirs, they make me want to pack up and go to Italy, shop, eat and drink, and explore all the lovely towns and cities she visits. The Lost Roses is the prequel to The Lilac Girls which I finished and enjoyed a couple of months ago.
- putting a brightly coloured quilt on my bed for extra warmth, Meeka enjoys this too. This is my Anna Maria Horner Trellis Garden Quilt I finished last year, I've decided it needs to be loved and used, not just kept folded up in case it fades, or gets dirty.
- making a new winter coat - this time its the Oslo Coat from Tessuti Patterns. The fabric is a deep charcoal wool/rayon, it's all cut out, tailor tacked, notched and interfaced. Now I just need some time for sewing.
- the bright splashes of colour from the flowering Vireya and Manuka in my garden. I really need to get out and cut some things back for winter and plant some flower seedlings in my front garden for some late winter colour.
- a few minutes time out in the traffic jam I was stuck in on Sunday while taking my daughter to archery.
Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead.