Wednesday 19 November 2014

A Liberty Needle Book







Woohoo - I have a TADA moment.  The Liberty needle book I started last week is finished.
  • It measures approximately 5.5" x 14" and  folds into three sections.
  • The exterior is made up of a piece of vintage embroidery, some scraps of soft denim and some of my favourite Liberty prints.  I especially love that bright ditzy floral on the front.
  • The interior is made up of an ivory solid and a dainty floral from Robyn Pandolph's most appropriately named Love and Liberty range, which perfectly matched the lining.  The inner left section is a pocket divided into two and edged with a small binding of one of my favourite Liberty prints. The  middle section is a piece of beautiful coral hand dyed felt, also edged with Liberty binding,  and the right section a small zip up pocket.  
  • All folded together and tied up with a matching cerise ribbon.
I am so pleased with how this has turned out.  My mission tomorrow, as long as I am not  called into work is to make the second paper pieced knight chess piece, Who knows, I may even get inspired and finish the cushion.  Housework is over rated after all,

11 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. And you are so brave to cut into your liberty stash! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, it's beautiful. I have just signed up to Westwood Acres Liberty club so hope to increase my Liberty a little more. (Sssh, don't tell Rachel!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Well done Julie. It would sit nicely on an armrest as well... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it is beautiful. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful!!! In fact, I am pretty sure that it is the most beautiful Ta Dah! that I am likely to see for many weeks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Housework is overrated for sure!! It is beautiful friend!!! You did such a lovely job on this piece!!! You are going to get great use out of it!! Happy day to you!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful Julie and a very well thought out design. I actually have a small table runner which has six of the same 'vintage' embroideries on it. Maybe one day I'll make something like this with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just had a look at mine - it's very much faded :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Julie - I would be super stoked with it too!! beautiful! and yes, housework will always be waiting so what's one more day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun. What a fun idea. You are so inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this needle book, Julie! I have seen many needle books but this one seems just perfect to me! I have been looking closely at your photos and been wondering how did you add that little pouch to the middle panel? Could you enlighten me please? Greetings from Germany and otherwise known to you from flickr as Ompompali

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.