From the sewing room
- the scrappy sampler quilt top is finished, and I feel a lot happier about it, in fact I would even say I like it. Now I just need to find or make suitable backing fabric and turn it into a quilt.
From the garden
- my zinnias are starting to bloom - I love the colours and having fresh flowers to pick for the house
From the artist
- Miss B decided to immortalise those zinnias in water colour - she has done a wonderful job too.
From the broken house (proof that my house and life is not picture perfect)
- the downside of living close to a golf course - it has now been fixed and thankfully, at no cost to us
- more repairs after the hot water cylinder leaked yet again - the builder has now finished his part, just the tiles to be relaid now.
From the kitchen
- Courgette/Zucchini Cake from Digby Law's Vegetable Cookbook or here. Note: My recipe in the book used 1 cup of oil, the recipe I have linked to uses 1/2 cup.
From the book pile
- I really enjoyed this book. A rediscovered art masterpiece, lots of interesting characters, some history and a smidgen of romance.
What has happened in your week? Have you read any new and interesting books lately? Is any one on GoodReads?