Sunday 1 May 2016

Weekending





Autumn
  • the zinnias are way past their best now, but  the are still providing a fabulous splash of colour to my garden and even the partially dead and dried ones are still attracting lots of monarch butterflies - just not today when I wanted to try and photograph them.

Celebrating
  • Miss B's 14th birthday meant a special birthday dessert - Chocolate Swirl Pavlova
Hexi Making
  • Slowly plodding away - love all the bright colours.  I've made sixty eight, another forty odd to go, I need to cut some more squares
Reading
  • I have just started The Stargazer's Sister, but have been reading  the Kate Daniels Series- this is modern urban fantasy, where magic and technology collide, there are shape shifters, vampires, ghouls , witches and magicians and  normal people .  A very different genre from what I normally read, but I enjoyed them. 
Back to work and school for us all this week as holidays are over,  Hope you all have a great week too.

10 comments:

  1. Your zinnia's are a wonderful splash of colour! That pav looks perfect for the birthday girl. Lovely bright hexies, are you using the fusible, washable pre cut hexie papers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful Birthday desert best wishes for the Birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zinnias are my favorite flower. That desert looks so good! Happy Birthday to the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how the zinnias keep on flowering late ...mine are too.
    The design on the top of the pav looks amazing and very appetising...hope she had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Zinnias are gorgeous Julie. I always enjoy reading your Week ending blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexagons are looking fabulous Julie! Enjoy your first week back at work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    My son Atticus will turn 14 on May 18th. :-)
    I like zinnias because they do last so long in the garden and can take the weather.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hexies are lovely, and gosh that pavlova!! It looks delicious!!! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate swirl pavlova - looks and sounds amazing! Your hexies are coming along well too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.