Wednesday 16 August 2017

Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE




Woo hoo, I have a finished bag.  The Open Wide Bag, I was making my sister is completed.
This was the first time I had used soft and stable,  I really like how the bag holds it's shape. I made the large bag which is approximately 9" x 12" x 6", and omitted the front contrasting fabric panel, because I didn't want to lose any of that beautiful Kaffe print.  I may make another one in the medium size for me, and would increase the binding width to 2.25" for the binding around the zipper, which I think would fit slightly better.

Overall, I am really pleased with how it has turned out. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed making bags (even if they do cause a little bit of bad language to be muttered).  I think my sister was planning to use it for crochet projects, and it looks as though it will hold quite a lot.  Now to package it up and post it off to Australia with some treats for her.

Now, it's YOUR turn to share, by linking up your sewing and stitching projects, following these guidelines.
  1. Link up from any post from the past week that features something you have been sewing or stitching,
  2. Somewhere in your post, please link to this post.
  3. Please comment on a couple of the other Sew,Stitch, Snap, Share links - it's fun to receive comments from new people, and we are trying to encourage people to read blogs and keep blogging too.

Thanks for joining us.

Julie and Linda


15 comments:

  1. Fabulous finish! I don't blame you for not wanting to cover up the pretty fabric with a pocket. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag Julie! That Kaffe print is an absolute winner isn't it? I love the simple and graphic flowers in such a lovely colour palette ! I am sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! it's finished! Looks wonderful, Julie. Can I be your sister too??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely! Your sister will love it!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo, your bag is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I have bag envy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Kaffe print is beautiful, some of my favorite colors, turquoise, lime..
    Congratulations, your sister will enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely bag! I've never made one, I think putting in the zip would give me trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sister will be happy with her new bag! Smart idea not to cut up that beautiful Kaffe print!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every once in a while, it's nice to step aside from those slow moving, long term quilting projects and just make something with a faster end result. I have a package of soft and stable, but can't seem to put my quilting projects aside long enough to use it. Hmm... maybe when it's close to Christmas and I need a few presents. Very pretty bag... looks like a nice size too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finish Julie, your sister's going to be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bag, your sister will be very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh I love this bag. Like you I enjoy making bags despite the odd frustration they can cause.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.