Wednesday 15 November 2017

Liberty Scraps





Playing with a new colour palette of Liberty fabrics for my pillow cover in progress, has obviously
stirred my creative juices.

I have been inspired to pull out my ice cream soda blocks again, and have finished three in the past few days.  One I had started before my self imposed rule about finishing Christmas decorations and my AMH quilt top.  So there is definitely an odd one out in the group above. 

Jodi at Tales of Cloth,  who created this block and the stitch along, has almost finished making hers - see here and here, this is very inspiring for those of us who have slowed down in the making of these blocks.  I'm off to cut some more fabric and prep some pieces for more lunchtime and evening stitching.

Of course, I now need to get back to finishing those pillows too.


6 comments:

  1. You are doing well. I love your fussy cutting efforts on the icecream soda blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also had an (unintentional) break from my Ice Cream Soda blocks with local jacaranda events and life in general. It's nice to return to stitching with a fresh wind and new fabric ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes something new will reinspire you... and that's what it's all about. Great to see some wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gotten a bit like that with my sectioned clamshells.... we start with all the enthusiasm and run out of steam! But it looks like you are back on track now! They are looking great! And the Kansas Dugout blocks are lovely too! Are you machining these together?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'ice cream soda' blocks are beautiful, such careful work!
    And the Liberty fabrics on your pillow cover are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful EPP, is surprising what can inspire you to return to a project. The ice cream soda blocks are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.