I finally got around to getting back to that Liberty cushion/pillow I was making. I quilted it with a variegated thread, and an organic crosshatch - using masking tape as my guide lines. None of my marking pens showed up on the fabric. I based this pillow on the measurements for the Kansas Dugout pillow in Jen Kingwell's book Quilt Lovely.
That's my pillow front done, now onto the one I made the one for The Scout. Originally I gad a plan for his, that wasn't going to involve too much Liberty (can't waste that on a male), however a slight miscalculation in my pattern measurements meant that I went improv for his. Made mainly out of linens, a little Liberty and some shot cottons which I pin tucked, but don't really show up in the photos. This pillow top has lots of texture and I think is well suited to a male.
Both will co-ordinate with my room, add a little colour, but definitely won't be matchy machy. I just need to get some zips, and hopefully have new pillows made before Christmas.
It's your turn to share now. It doesn't matter if it's embroidery, a quilt, applique or epp, or some other stitched or sewn project. It can be a start, a finish or just a wip. All we ask is that you follow these guidelines when linking up:
- Link up any post from the past week that features a sewing or stitching project you have been working on.
- Somewhere in your post, please link to this one.
- Also please take the time to read and comment on some of the other linked posts, it is always nice to know that people are reading what you have written, and we are trying to encourage people to keep blogging and reading blogs.
Thanks for joining us.
Julie and Linda