Thursday 19 April 2018

Kyoto Sweater






Another successful addition to my wardrobe.

This time the Kyoto Sweater from Papercut Patterns.  Made from a  merino blend that was a dream to sew (especially after my practice attempt with the cotton knit), and is beautiful to wear.  I made the XS size, and would maybe add a little extra length to the sleeves when I make it again.  Probably the only difficult part was sewing the seams under the arms, there were a few layers and curves to manoeuvre, so I ended up breaking a couple of needles, but that could be down to operator skills (or lack of) when sewing stretch fabrics.

I love how it turned out, and I've worn it out in public too, and Miss B and Mr J weren't embarrassed to be seen with me in it, so I think that's a good sign.  Now to peruse more patterns,and plan a new wardrobe.

5 comments:

  1. Well done Julie, looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive make, love it and such a beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing. I like the color of this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Julie. You've got sewing skills obviously.
    Congratulations on a nice finish.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.