Friday 9 August 2019

Still Life Pillow








My Still life Pillow is finished.  I really enjoyed making this, choosing the fabrics, the felt colours and combinations, and embellishing with embroidery. In fact it was hard to tell myself to stop embellishing the flowers.   It was a nice little break from garment sewing and quilting (not that there has been much of that this year).  The pattern is from the book, Wild Blooms and Colourful Creatures, written by  Wendy Williams of Flying Fish Kits.  There are lots of lovely colourful patterns to inspire in this book.

The back of the pillow is made of the same textured fabric as the front with an covered zip. I need to invest in some new pillow inners which will give all my pillows  better shape and stop them looking so lopsided.

Currently this is on my sofa in the family room, but I'm wondering how long before I tell the family not to use it.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, it's BEAUTIFUL! I don't think I would let anyone use it :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love those two 'drooping' flowers, very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful my friend.
    Sightings of Autumn are starting to become more and more here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so bright and colourful and happy, Julie. Pretty! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I had left a comment on this beautiful cushion - obviously not - the colour pops from the flower circles are delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.