Sunday 22 September 2019

Things Here Lately









Track up to the trig

View towards Pokeno


  • Searching back on my blog I see I made my first blossom in May 2017, some 2 years and 4 months later, I have finally finished all 68 of them.  I have even made one of the half blossoms, so only have seven of those to go now.  Pictured are some of my favourite  blocks.
  • My retaining wall garden has been overhauled.  Last Thursday, I cut back and dug out all my Star Jasmine plants.  Much as I love the scent and flowers, it was too much maintenance for me and starting to ruin our fence.  Mr J has fixed the loose fence panels, and I have completed Phase 1 of my garden renovation, planting Lomandra Lime Tuff.  Still a little bit of work required to to properly finish this off.
  • The Scout and I attempted to go hiking this morning.  Mt William walkway is a short 2.5km track, however when we got to the fence line (about a kilometre from the start) on the farm it is on, we discovered that the track to the trig was closed due to lambing season.  It was still nice to get out in some lovely weather and enjoy the morning.
Wishing you all a wonderful week, let me know what you have been up to lately.

5 comments:

  1. Your epp blooms are fabulous! Are you going for a more low maintenance garden? That's what I need! Looks like it was a nice day to go for a long or short walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your ICS blocks, don't they all look amazing together! Some great fussy cutting too. No sewing over here, it was a great weekend to get out & about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice spot for a walk. Will you go back to see the lambs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Ice Cream Soda blocks are mouth-watering!! I also love the perfume from Star Jasmine but have never planted in the garden because of the growth habit. I haven't come across Lomandra Lime Tuff before, a beautiful colour and I guess will fill out the garden bed pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.