Reading blog posts and viewing #hvarjacket I noticed there were a lot of suede type ones which really appealed to me. so I found a lovely deep rusty coloured butter suede fabric from Spotlight.
Based on my measurements I made a size 4 and made a muslin from my trusty old sheet to check the fit across my shoulders. The pattern itself is very clear and easy to follow. Kennis also links to online tutorials for slightly more difficult techniques. I have learned a new skill with Hong Kong seaming, using some lovely Liberty bias binding I had bought a while ago. Gosh this gives a lovely finish to garments and hides any fraying and loose threads.
The fabric itself was lovely to cut and sew, however it was difficult to pin and press, so I am somewhat disappointed with how the seams and overall finishing looks. My fabric choice has also somewhat hindered fitting in areas, such as inserting the sleeves, and the double layer of fabric in the collar means I lost a lot of the drape too.
It is still a wearable garment and my husband tells me that no one else will notice the imperfections I am aware of. I like the fit and style on me, and would like to make this again, however I will be a little more cautious with my fabric selection next time.