Tuesday 10 September 2019

More Ice Cream Soda Blossoms










Welcome to the Red series, the latest installment in my blossoms,  I decided my blocks were lacking  pops of red in them, so my lovely friend Linda very kindly sent me lots of red toned fabrics.  Who would have thought, that with all the quilting fabrics I have, I was short that colour.

I have calculated that I only need to make another 8 full blossoms and 8 half blossoms (12 blossoms in total) to complete that part of the Ice Cream Soda Quilt.  Plans on making it bigger are evaporating too, so I am going to set myself a goal of having all the blossoms complete by the end of this year.

Next year my mission will be the joining pieces, I just need to find the perfect colour to make them all POP.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you are churning them out! They all look so gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie wow what beautiful Blossom blocks ,the colours are so pretty ,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are so fun Julie! Your fussy cutting takes them to the next level! Each and everyone of them is a fabric picture in itself! Good luck deciding on a background fabric! I don't have any suggestions, I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blocks really have impact! They are all so lovely! It’s fun that we probably all lack of one colour in our fabric stashes! Mine is definitely purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word - luscious - describes these beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the block with those bees, so cute! Actually they are all really rather special, love your fussy cutting! (And, I recognise a few reds in there) Have you decided yet on your background fabric? Tough decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bunch of absolutely beautiful blocks! Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.