Friday 3 January 2020

Sewing Intentions for 2020


Midnight in the Tulip Garden




Fabric for my sister

I have a lot of sewing intentions for 2020 - some garment making, some quilting, some felt and embroidery. Some are to be completed fully, some to be assembled to a point for another year.  Anyhoo, in no particular order here is my list of intentions

Quilting and Stitching
  • Midnight in the Tulip Garden  - my medallion quilt top - finished,basted, quilted, bound
  • Folk Flowers quilt - make more blocks, and the edging pieces, so I have an assembled top
  • Ice Cream Soda Quilt - joining pieces on all blossoms (I've done half of them) and fully stitched together with borders
  • Santa and Mrs Claus felt and embroidery decorations
Garment Sewing
  • a new dress for a wedding I am attending in March - the red floral, will be a Lois dress, the other floral - I'm still undecided on, I love the colours and the drape of the fabric, however I'm a little scared I'll look like I'm wearing the curtains - a la The Sound of Music.
  • three tops for my sister (cos I'm a sucker)
  • two peppermint wrap tops -  I'm intending to remake the lilac one in a longer length and  also a white version.
  • a new winter coat (can a girl have too many?)
I am also hoping to start a new wool felt applique and embroidery project - probably late autumn when it is a little too cold to spend a lot of time in my sewing room.

Of course all these intentions are subject to change should something more exciting come along.

What are you planning for 2020?

6 comments:

  1. Good intentions there Julie, not too long a list, less stress is best! Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely assortment of projects Julie! Very do-able too! Loving the colours in your 'folk flowers' blocks and your ICS blossoms do look beautiful all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric choice for the Lois looks PERFECT (and un-curtain-like)! I also look forward to seeing your new Peppermint wrap tops. (On my queue. Too...)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to see all that you create. And well since you are a sucker.. how about a top for your Wisconsin pal. Ha Ha.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great list of projects... a nice mix of styles and techniques so hopefully you won't be getting bored and you'll stick with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing! You really have some amazing plans in coming year. Keep going, keep sewing. We will be cheering you up all along the way. Have a healthy and happy 2020 ahead. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.