Tuesday 25 February 2020

Ice Cream Soda Quilt Happenings





My ice cream soda quilt is demanding all my time at present.  I have shirts I want to make, gardens that need working on, and housework that should be done.  But you see,  I have reached an exciting stage of this quilt, I have attached all the joining pieces and am now actually joining the blossoms.

I laid out all the blossoms, shuffled some around, then shuffled more around until I was happy with colour placement.  Each row was labeled, so hopefully they all get sewn in the right order now.

I have two rows made and am attempting to join these now.  Boy, is this a fiddly twisty thing to do. Hopefully I work out a better way of doing this for the remaining rows.

Once it is all joined, and borders have been added, I have plans to send it to my friend Leeanne for either basting, so I can hand quilt it or quilting if I cant be bothered.

Lets see how long it take me to get to that point though.

8 comments:

  1. it really is going to be beautiful when finished.....and just think your housework will still be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking amazing! A lot of work, so worth it. You'll love it when it's finished - actually we all will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks fabulous. I love doing EPP and making all of the individual blocks but it really can be a pain when it is time to jino them all together. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Julie Lou. So much fun putting them altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are absolutely gorgeous! Great use of fabrics.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking great Julie! I'm finding the same twisting and turning with my Quattro Colour blocks, but find it easier now that I've started taking out the papers , giving a bit more flexibility. Do you use a wonder clip to hold bits together? They are like having an extra hand to keep things straight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious!!! What a time consuming job you have on hand but the result will be well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is coming along beautifully. Looks simply stunning 👏👏

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.