Wednesday 18 March 2020

Stitching, Sewing, Planning







Life has been quite busy lately,  Miss B has started university, and Mr J has just obtained his learners driver licence as well as spraining a ligment in his knee one week, and injuring ribs in another.  So between work, giving driving lessons to both teens, playing chauffeur to sports activities and physiotherapists, the pick ups and deliveries to and from train stations at odd times, I am finding that my sewing room and sewing time is much neglected.

Work is still continuing slowly on my ice cream soda quilt, and I figure that while I am so enjoying the making of it, I shall continue stitching and joining blossoms together. Other quilty projects can wait.

Now that the intense heat of summer has passed, and we are getting cooler mornings and evenings, I feel inspired to add some new clothes to my work wardrobe.  I am quite lucky that I am able to dress in a smart casual style, so I am planning on making some new shirts to see me through the autumnal and spring months.  I haven't made a shirt with buttons for over 20 years, however I love the look of linen shirts or boho inspired shirts with jeans, so am planning on making the Bonn Shirt in a sky blue linen/cotton and hopefully if it turns out all right, another one in the dandelion printed navy voile.  I have buttons ready to go with them too, bought in a moment of planning for self isolation activities.

Should I have to self isolate, I have no shortage of fabrics to play with, whether it be for quilting or making clothes. I am planning a few changes to my gardens for next year also, so am enjoying seeing the bees on my sedums as I am outside writing down ideas and plant moves.

Stay happy and healthy everyone. 


4 comments:

  1. I think the statement that your life has been busy lately is quite an understatement Julie!! Hope your daughter is enjoying Uni and that your son is fit and well again soon! The sedums are looking very healthy given the heat we've been having, and happy planning for the garden next year, hopefully we won't need to have the hose going as much as this year. Love the blouse pattern, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking fantastic, the blue background is really allowing all of the blocks to shine. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are busy! We are on isolation protocols in the US, with schools, sporting events, and social gatherings all closed, including churches and restaurants. Asking a quilter to stay home isn't too much of a hardship right now, LOL, but I wonder how long it will take for cabin fever will set in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my friend,
    All schools are on line as of yesterday. Not sure if they will re open or finish the semester on line. Everything else is closed. Restaurants are closed in Wisconsin, you can order take out at some.
    In the mean time Sam has been called to duty with the Guards. He is communications. They will be building military hospitals and direct transportation if the need arrives.
    Praying all to be well,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.