Thursday 9 April 2020

Staying Home - Week 2













Another week has passed by, and we are halfway through our four week national lockdown.  Wehave been experiencing the most beautiful weather, which is making it easier to be confined to home.  I am still walking around my neighbourhood, five out of seven days, but am starting to miss proper conversations with people.   I do find I am having a moments each day where I lose motivation to do anything and can quite easily waste an hour or so doing absolutely nothing but flicking through my phone for news updates.  On a more positive note, today it was revealed that only 29 new Covid-19 cases (our lowest day since prior to lockdown)  have been confirmed in New Zealand.

This is what I've been working on over the last week or so.
  • First up is another top from some rayon fabric I bought last year at Spotlight.  This is the same Burda pattern I made earlier this year,  I omitted the elastic in the sleeve cuff, and like how lovely it feels to wear in this in between season, it also drapes a lot better in the rayon.  I may make another one yet, in a lovely viscose from the stash.
  • I am still working away on my Ice Cream soda quilt - another row has been completed, two to go.
  • My lock down challenge piece (see post here) is slowly being worked on
  • I got to play with the power tools for my pumice garden art,  I had collected a large bag of pumice pieces about three years ago when we were in Kinloch after a storm.  I finally pulled them out, drilled holes onto them and threaded them onto heavy copper tubing I had from an old piece of art.  Quite happy with it now.  I desperately want to go to a garden centre and buy some flowering plants to add some colour and life to my garden though. A couple of dahlia plants have revived themselves with the cooler temperatures and some recent showers, which makes me happy
  • While there isn't a shortage of bread in the shops at present, I felt like  making some. so I made a loaf in my slow cooker.  The recipe is here.
Wishing you all a wonderful Easter.
Stay home, stay safe.
Kia kaha

6 comments:

  1. it is always comforting to make bread I have done so several times and plan to make hot cross buns this weekend. I love your shirt - I might need to see if I can find the proper fabric to make a shirt - all I have is quilting fabric and I find it wrinkles too easily to use for clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lockdown handwork project, looks like a lovely work in progress. I went to the link, now I get what it is, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on your floral bouquet, I do like that stich with the knot at one end. My dahlias are still going too, but I need to turn the soil over and get busy with fresh plantings now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re doing lots! Great top and do love the garden art work. Love your bouquet too with all the stitching. It would be so good to go to a nursery, wouldn’t it? Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pumice art looks great hanging there. I too am losing chunks of time and then feeling guilty afterwards. I think we all might be a bit in shock at what is happening. That dahlia is a delight...hope you get some rain soon...more for us too would be nice.
    Yes I could do with a trip to a nursery or garden centre. I hope their stock and the growers are being looked after. Stay happy and Safe .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like you did have another very productive week even if you felt a loss of motivation sometimes, I think we're all dealing with that now and again. Your dahlias are looking good, mine have flopped but given the weather forecast for the next day or two the garden should be refreshed.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.