Monday 8 February 2021

Mangawhai Heads Holiday

 

View from our tentsite -looking out to the heads

Enjoying the calm and peace in the morning


An amazing retro bach 


Trying stand up paddle boarding

Getting ready to kick those jandals off and race into the waves









I've just returned from a week camping at Mangawhai Heads in Northland, with The Scout and Mr J. Unfortunately Miss B wasn't able to come with us,  so Mr J took a friend along for company.  We were lucky to have a beachfront tent site, so I enjoyed reading and sitting outside most mornings in my new robe with a cuppa,  before taking myself off for a morning walk and exploring different beach/street access points.

Each afternoon we headed to the main beach and boogie boarded, then returned back to our campsite where we read, (I managed to do some hand sewing one afternoon) and played lots of card games.

I hadn't realised how much I needed a proper holiday, away from home and all the busyness that makes up my day to day life.  I'm back at work tomorrow, already wondering when I can go back.











 

3 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Love the upturned boat. Congrats on all the lovely clothes sewing you do for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have a break and such nice outlooks as well. I remember our family camping there many years ago, I don't think there were any baches there then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like heaven! No wonder you’re wondering when you can go back......can I come too??

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.