Friday 12 February 2021

Still Grooving Along

 








I'm slowly making progress with my Groove is in the Heart quilt I started back here.  I actually prepared 14 heart halves that I took away to Mangawhai Heads to sew up, and only completed two, so have been stitching away quietly these past few evenings at home.  I've made 21 out of 49 blocks so far, it's going to be a big quilt one day . I'm feeling it's looking a bit flat compared to the original quilt that inspired me here, so am going to need to work out what it needs to give it a little more pizazz.  Hopefully by the time I've made another few blocks it's looking a little brighter and more me.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend wherever you are.  Thinking of my friends in Melbourne who are entering a five day lockdown.

Stay safe, wear a mask.
Kia Kaha.















7 comments:

  1. It's still looking lovely though. Whatever you do, don't put it aside or it will languish! Your posts are always lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't look like the 'model' but it still looks FANTASTIC. I think you have a winner on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks marvelous! Very cheerful and colorful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think the difference is the addition of the darker backgrounds on the pattern cover? There are a few fabrics with quite strong contrasts... Although there is nothing wrong with your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are so beautiful. I think they are better than the original. But I agree with Suz, that if you want to make them more like the original, more patterned backgrounds, particularly those with lines that lead the eye one way or another, like polkadots is what you are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are lovely Julie. I think Rachel has used more red in her fabric choices. As you are only about halfway done, you have plenty of opportunity to find the right fabric to bring it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful hearts Julie!! You have such a great range of fabrics for the hearts and of course the neutrals in the background, what size are the heart blocks? Forgive me if I have asked before - the memory is playing tricks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.