Friday 9 October 2020

Groove is in the Heart - another new project







While browsing blogs recently, I came across a new quilt made by the very talented and not afraid to use colour quilter,  Rachael Daisy of Blue Mountain Daisy

I love hearts, and actually would love to have a wall space for all the beautiful ornamental hearts I see but don't buy.  Anyway before I get too far off topic here, she has made a new quilt featuring scrappy hearts on low volume fabrics, three of my favourite things in one quilt.  I am sure my heart sped up as I read her post and drooled over the quilt.  Of course, good me thought, "no you have too many wips, you don't need to start another project" , while bad me kept thinking about it all night saying" it would be a great portable project, bigger pieces much easier to travel with than your Fresh Cut quilt"

Obviously good me had no willpower, cos I bought downloaded and printed out the pattern and made the first block up that night. The hearts are hand appliqued onto the background fabrics.  Currently I have made up four blocks, and am having fun choosing fabrics for and prepping other hearts for when I feel like working on something easy.  







5 comments:

  1. Your pretty hearts reminded me of all the heart projects I have pinned, and some I have made over the years. It is certainly a universal symbol! Lovely start Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These hearts are so pretty! And nice to combine machine with some hand applique. Did you sort a few colours first? or just going all-out scrappy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hearts are beautiful!! I was also sorely tempted when I read Rachael's post but I didn't think I would manage too much hand applique with small pieces, however I now see they are large blocks and perhaps I could cope - tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear justjulielou.blogspot.
    The world needs worthy active citizens like you, who are a note of consolation and bring a sense of well-being to the blog visitors.
    Congratulations on the work you have done on the blog, its very nice aesthetics, and the beauty of your soul that is reflected through it.
    Listen to this song
    ΠΑΓΚΟΣΜΙΑ ΚΑΤΗΦΟΡΑ:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s48ZZEXNnXY


    it's for the salvation of the people, it comes from an amazing album

    if you think it's worth it spread it

    god give
    to end the pandemic
    I always wish you and your family good health
    good continuation in your very important work

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty they make my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.