Tuesday 16 March 2021

Mapua Shorts







My second lockdown sewing project is the new Mapua shorts pattern from The Sewing Revival.

I made up version B , size 10 in a remnant of linen from the Burda culottes I made last year,  They feature a flat front waistband, minimal elastic gathering on the back and angled pockets.  The pattern was very easy, with very clear detailed instructions.  They are a little shorter than I realised (I never check the finished length on patterns) and I could possible size down a little in the back.  I feel that I have a slight excess of gathering from the elastic waistband, which will probably bag out more when I sit for long periods being a linen. 

I wouldn't mind trying the pattern again in a sports style fabric, because I think they'd make quite a comfortable short for hiking, especially with the elastic waist and good sized pockets.  Maybe when we're out of lockdown I can investigate the fabric options available.

I'm wearing the shorts here with one of my bellbird tops, which is another pattern from The Sewing Revival.

Overall a comfortable make, and I'm hoping we get a few more warm days to wear them.



3 comments:

  1. Very nice shorts! Both together make a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent sewing Julie. I really enjoy seeing what you have made. Mind you, you have the perfect figure to show them off! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I could imagine them in a more sporty style too... especially at that length. And they would be a good style to lengthen and maybe add a cuff... lots of options which is always good. And they look nice... so that's the main think!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.