Wednesday 13 March 2024

Blooming Bouquets

 








Over the past couple of months I have really been enjoying picking fresh flowers from my garden and turning them into bouquets.  Having fresh flowers in the house is one of my little luxuries, and I love, that in summer  they are plentiful in my garden to do this. 

The majority of my bouquets are bright and jam packed with mainly zinnias and dahlias, and foliage. However lately I have been inspired by the works of Katherine English, and her slightly looser bouquets featuring, foraged grasses, seed heads and twiggy branches, as well as beautiful flowers giving them a more ethereal natural look.  I haven't quite mastered this type of arrangement yet, I think I may also have to visit a few opshops/thrift stores for some different types of vases, which may help them look a little more organic and less arranged.

I'm trying to think what I can plant in my garden that will bloom over winter so I can still have flowers inside, I suspect there will be the odd little bunch of gerbera or lillies purchased from the supermarket and added to some foraged finds.

Some other  inspiring flower farmers and florists are:  

Gabriela Salazar

Field of Roses

Lucy Hunter

Sean A. Pritchard

Christin Geall

Floret Flower Farm




3 comments:

  1. Flowers from my own garden in vases inside is one of my pleasures too. Zinnias keep so well... But don't have any perfume unfortunately. Carnations are still my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely Julie, love all the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the bouquets but that second one I love best

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.