From my birthday
- family tradition has presents being opened in bed before 7am when everyone is rushing to get ready for to work and school. Yes I did receive a hippo - made by my sister. Lots of choccy goodies, an ornament, garden art and jewellery too. Now I just have to bake a birthday cake for tonight.
- mother-in-laws pickle from this book - made with lots of zucchini (not from my garden yet). Some for me and some will be part of Christmas hampers for my dad and father-in-law. The name may have to be changed on this one.
- strawberry mousse from my new Annabel Langbein Summer Annual - pureed strawberries, jelly and plain yoghurt - deliciously refreshing and sweet without being excessively rich.
- a crochet owl cushion for Miss B, again made by my very clever sister in Australia. Pattern from here.
- crimson canna
- lovely colours on the leaves of tropicanna.