It probably doesn't seem that long a go, that I posted about finally completing my Liberty Bloomsbury Quilt, however I'm linking it up for the first time to Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall edition 2017.
Back in 2015, I had been looking for a special project for my Liberty fabrics and when I came across Bijou Lovely's, Bloomsbury pattern, I knew I had found it. Not wasting any time I downloaded the pattern and started having fun making beautiful Liberty dresdens. Gosh it was hard to cut into those beautiful fabrics, Once the dresden plates were completed they were hand appliqued to the background fabrics. These were no quiet subdued choices, I went for a gorgeous periwinkle shot cotton and a very vibrant magenta.
Because I wanted my quilt to be able to fit my bed I had to add a border. After a little trialing and sketching of different border options I went for a simple scrappy liberty strip and solid all the way around.
A Tula Pink fabric was the perfect colourway for the backing. My machine, I decided was a little too small for quilting this 80" square quilt, so I chose a variety of cottons for simple hand quilting. I love the texture of the handquilting on the back, not that photos really do it justice. Liberty fabric was used for the binding.
I love how this has turned out and am so pleased that two years after starting it, I completed it just in time to use on my bed, and to add a beautiful splash of colour to my bedroom over the colder gray winter months.
Now that warmer temperatures have arrived, I'm carefully putting away till next winter.