Wednesday 19 June 2013

Challenging my Crafty Self







I need to step outside my crafting comfort zone,  so I have decided to set myself some challenges for the rest of 2013.

One of them is to learn how to paper piece quilt blocks.  I  have seen lots of  fabulous items made by paper piecing when browsing  blogs and flickr. Gosh some people are clever. Eventually I found this cushion and tutorial for a pieced kaleidoscope block, and this free pattern on Craftsy.  A little bit of playing around with some fabric scraps and this is what I have done.  These are my practice blocks , they are not perfect and I need to work out how to consistently get the centre points meeting and avoid the bulk of all the intersecting seams there. So fingers crossed after a few more practice runs, I can cut into the good fabric and have a fabulous cushion to show you by the end of the year.

Other crafty challenges will be zips, sewing triangles and knitting on circular needles.
What are things that challenge you when sewing?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.