Most of Saturday I worked at the library, so when I finished, I made the most of the remainder of my weekend.
- I finished reading The Goldfinch (I gave up on The Luminaries). It was an interesting, if at times, a hard book to read, but now I have a new pile of interesting books to get started on.
- My new pressing board for my sewing table, measuring 40cm x 40cm.
- The piles of shirt strips for Mr J's quilt are slowly growing - I found a couple of almost new shirts in the shop shop on Friday. Hopefully I will be able to start sewing the blocks soon.
- A surprise in my garden - a flowering mini Cyclamen.
- Revealing the woodwork, under layers of paint. The Scout has started sanding back the old door he bought me.We are hoping it will be able to be turned into a cutting table for my sewing room.
- Tiny 4.5" blocks for a Flickr Quilt-a-Long. The idea is to use up scraps to make these blocks. We are given a theme each week.