Wednesday 2 April 2014

Pay It Forward




Way back in October last year, I signed up for a Pay It Forward .  I had completely forgotten about it, until today when the courier delivered a parcel to me.  I knew I wasn't waiting on any fabric,  I had no more swaps due to arrive, and it wasn't my book.  Imagine my delight upon opening it to find this beautiful mini quilt and fabric from the very talented Renee at Quilts of a Feather. All those hexagons and such beautiful quilting detail. I have been so spoiled and can't wait to get this hung up on my sewing room wall.  Thank you so much Renee.

Now it is my turn to Pay It Forward.

Here are the "rules" (as taken from Renee's blog).

1. I will create a crafty gift for each of the first three people who comment to this post, stating that they would like to participate. This is a surprise, and will arrive to you anytime within the next year.  I am happy to post internationally too


2. In signing up for PIF, you are committing yourself to the project...someone pays it forward to you, so you pay it forward to others! Just post this, or something similar so others can get involved. Basically you will create your own post where you create gifts for 3 people as well.

3. You need to have an active blog of your own...{or some way to post up your PIF info like a flickr, pinterest, or Facebook account. You'll need a place to announce your own PIF and to post some pics of the process.}

4. After commenting on this post, post something similar on your blog...so you can spread the PIF love! I will email you asking for your mailing address {and the online address where you are posting your PIF info} so I can get your crafty treat in the mail. Please make sure your email address is visible on your profile or leave it in the comment. 

Also, in your comment tell me your favorite color(s), or something else relevant or interesting about yourself!  I'm so excited to make special things for other quilters, so please join in!  Let's spread some happiness! 

3 comments:

  1. Righto, new blog stalker, new quilty person, I take you up on this PIF offer!!! I love teal/ Aqua/ chocolate brown, I love storage goodies and need to figure how to make fabric baskets. I am a Mummy, a Grandma, a wife, a Registered Nurse and it is my 40th birthday today.
    My email is themasontribe@inspire.net.nz
    My blog is http://masonmumblings@blogspot.com
    I will get this same offer posted in the next couple of days.
    Have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome surprise to have come to your door!! There is nothing better than paying it forward and that piece that she made you is beautiful!!! This is a fantastic idea!!! Happy week to you friend! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise! Very pretty, I'd love to join in but cant commit at the moment.

    Cheers

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.