|Image from here|
While listening to the radio on the way home from work yesterday, they were talking about the results of poll on "What makes people feel happiest."
Believe it or not most of the results were little things, with sleeping in a freshly made bed topping the poll. It made me wonder what would be on my list, so in no particular order, here are some things that make me happy.
- clean sheets
- a nice glass of chardonnay
- a clean and tidy house when all my family is away
- fresh flowers
- a nice meal with my family
- finishing a good book, and knowing the author has more written
- hearing my children and husband laugh
- going for a walk on the beach
- fun with friends and family
- when my sewing goes right
- smelling woodsmoke on a cool winter evening
- getting proper mail - ie: not bills or special offers from companies
- eating a meal I haven't had to prepare
- the smell of fresh sun dried washing
What are some of the things that make you happy?