Embroidery and hand sewing
- my sister reminded me the other day that we needed to swap Christmas decorations again this year. We are working on the 12 days of Christmas series from mmmcrafts. I do the odd numbers - she does the even, ideally we make two - one for each of us. This is No. 5, a golden ring, which I started back in February, so good to finally have it finished. I just need to make my one now.
- I thought I should probably do something with the Liberty hexis I sewed up earlier this year, so have started sewing them together - still not sure what I will make with them though.
- still working on the Liberty Bloomsbury - I wasn't happy with a lot of the long rows I had done, so unpicked them and started again. I am much happier with them now.
- my new Chelsea Winter cookbook - Scrumptious, (I have baked some lovely treats from this already, but will put them in my Cook The Books post at the end of the month).
- The Secret Recipe for Secret Chances by JD Burrett, set in Sydney, a novel of frinds, family, food (with recipes) and second chances.
- Fates & Traitors by Jennifer Chiaverini - a novel about John Booth Wilkes, the man who assassinated President Lincoln,
- I have been working on getting the vegetable garden planted for summer, so far african marigolds, lettuce, beetroot, a cherry and heirloom green tomato, cucumber, capsicum and courgette plants have gone in. Also flowers for picking, cosmos and snapdragons this year, maybe zinnias if I can find room for them. So pleased to see my Dietes have started flowering too.
Have a fabulous week.