Wednesday 2 May 2018

Liberty & Linen Pillows









Invariably when one starts to tidy up their sewing room, there is a usually a new project started or an old WIP finished.  In my case it was a finish, I came across the Liberty and linen quilted pillow tops I started back in November, rather than faffing around installing zips, I used the fabric intended for the binding of Miss B's Sea Glass sampler quilt, and made two simple envelope backs.   So quick to do, so simple - why did I wait so long. These are now residing on my bed, mine's the pretty Liberty one, The Scout's is more masculine, well as masculine as it can be with glittery linen.



Linking up to Sew, Stitch, Snap, Share at with Linda at KokaQuilts.

17 comments:

  1. very nice pillows!! one day I need to make some new ones for our motorhome so I have more decorative ones on the bed then I have now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Julie,love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done so fresh...lovely pillows and great fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet they look fabulous on your bed. Well done to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pillows! I also love the size they have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done they look very snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous, i love Liberty fabric so much. I always make an envelope backing as it is so much quicker to do. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful, the fabric was a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you on another lovely finish! And the fortitude in not starting something new! Liberty and linen are the perfect partners, aren't they? Your photos are lovely too, with the sun shining on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both beautiful, Julie, and I imagine they feel divine!! I just finished reading The Indigo Girl ~ you were right, it was so so good. Thanks for the recommendation. (I am so upset with her mother)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Beautiful finish, Julie.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pillows Julie, Liberty & linen are such a good combo! Thanks for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pillows and good idea with the envelope backs, a tried and trusted method.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely find! They look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so pretty! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love Liberty print fabrics and your pillows are fabulous! Love the happy dance of Liberty and the linen. Your pretty pillows maketh your bed!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.