Thursday 31 May 2018

Works in Progress





Miss B asked me when her quilt was going to be finished.  Thought I'd better pull it out and do some more quilting on it. Luckily it's been cold in the evenings, so it's quite pleasant to be snuggled under it stitching away.

Another finished block for my Solstice Dream, just a little bit more stitching and applique to do on the big centre block, then they can be all stitched together.

Linking up to Kokaquilts for another Sew, Stitch, Snap SHARE.

**Apologies to anyone who wants to comment and can't on my blog, or who I don't reply to.  Blogger appears to have made changes so that only Google accounts can comment, and for some reason comments are now not appearing in my emails - I am sure a lot of you are experiencing the same problems**

11 comments:

  1. Lovely hand quilting on the go Julie. And your stitchery is simply beautiful. Wish I could do that sort of thing! Thanks for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, remember I had never done any stitching like this before I did Bird Dance last year.

      Delete
  2. These are both beautiful Julie. I love your clever fabric use on your feathered star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think sometimes I spend more time trying to pick fabrics for blocks than sewing them.

      Delete
  3. I love pictures of quilting hoops and quilts being quilted! Your feathered star is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too. Pity it doesn't get it done any quicker by putting it in a hoop.

      Delete
  4. Miss B's quilt is gorgeous! It's such a great shade of blue! I'm not receiving email notification either, so I have gone to each commenters Blogger profile and replied that way. Apparently they are working on fixing it, but I'm not hopeful.....boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Why do companies have to change things that are working perfectly well for us all.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful quilting on your block in the hoop, lovely selections of blues.
    So you're nearing the finish line for your Solstice Dream - exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still the borders to go, my sister has finished hers now, and is already planning the next project!!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful quilting on the star Julie, your flower is beautiful, looking forward to seeing it together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.