Saturday 5 May 2018

Bellbird Top






I don't know how I discovered this pattern, probably whilst wasting time on the Internet one weekend, but anyhow I loved the look of those loose gathered sleeves and drapey top. I thought it would be a great top for summer or for layering on those in between autumn days. Clicking on the link,  I discovered that the pattern was designed by a New Zealand company called The Sewing Revival.

The pattern was duly purchased, printed out and pieced together. A quick trip to The Fabric Shop in Otara, resulted in some fabrics being purchased - a beautiful printed rayon and a textured cotton/rayon/wool blend.  My bust is in between sizes but going on the overall width of the completed garment I made an XS.  Possibly it fits a little too snug at the hips, so maybe next time I may try the S size.

Over all a quick and easy pattern to make, clear instructions, though I edged all my pieces first rather than after I had sewn seams (I don't have an overlocker) and I stay stitched the neckline before adding the facings.

I'm quite pleased with how this has turned out, and foresee a few more in my wardrobe's future.

**Photos of me courtesy of Mr J**

6 comments:

  1. Oh you certainly wasted no time in sewing this one! Very nice Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic Julie, you are going so well with clothes sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Julie! Did you pre-shrink the linen, or will you dry clean this top?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a comfy top Julie...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great project. Thanks for sharing the adventure.
    I'm always inspired when I read about the process.
    I think to myself, 'If she can do it, so can I.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous top....love how it drapes. Cool fabric as....love the colour.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.