Friday 16 November 2018

Things Here Lately










It's a busy time of year at present.  Miss B and Mr J are sitting exams, summer sports have started, the lawns and weeds are growing faster than I can maintain them.  Sometime very soon, I seriously need to think about Christmas shopping and menu planning too.  Anyway, here's a little snapshot of what else has been keeping me busy lately.
  • Taking the time in the evening to head down to the little beach, near where I live and appreciate the sunset.
  • Garment sewing plans- the Eva Dress from Tessuti in vintage brick linen, the only downside to PDF patterns is the cutting of lots of pages, fitting them together, then cutting out all the pieces again.  Hopefully I can make a start on it this next weekend.
  • A gorgeous inspiring pile of gardening, (it's nice to dream) cooking and sewing books from the library.
  • Loving this simple 16 patch quilt from the book - USE SCRAPS, SEW BLOCKS, MAKE  QUILTS.  Maybe this is what's needed to get my sewjo back for quilting - a nice simple pattern and lots of colour.  though I think I may need to buy a few more solids first.
  • My summer vegetable garden is coming along nicely - lettuce, beetroot and cucumber with African marigolds on one side of the tamarillo tree - the other side of the tree are my tomato plants.  Fingers crossed for a prolific haul.  
  • Summer colour is starting to clothe my Canna lilies now and bring some much needed colour to my garden, and my star jasmine is just starting to bloom.
Wishing you all a fabulous weekend.

7 comments:

  1. always nice to see the gardens in your areas at this time of year when winter is beginning here - I know it will be our turn in planting our gardens in 5 months time - time seems to fly as we get older so it will come in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt! The book looks really nice. Good work on your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quilt!! Thanks for a link to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love that quilt too! And look at all your little beetroot plants, do you have a special receipe to use them when they are ready?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't thought about it before, but there is a lot to do when Christmas falls in the summer season. Of course we have to deal with the snow shoveling and the dark here, but I imagine gardening is more time consuming. That looks like a great book. I think you have to make 100 quilts when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely read of your post Julie. Sixteen patch quilts are perfect for scrap quilting I think. Your garden is looking very lush and my Canna lilies are a little behind in their flowering compared to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden looks wonderful!! I love all that green.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.