Well that's another dress knocked off the bucket list. This time the Lois dress from Tessuti Fabrics.
I had long admired all the Lois dresses I had seen, some in linen, some in silk or rayon. Mine is made from a soft cotton I bought from Draper's Fabrics.
On the whole the dress was as an easy make, Tessuti patterns have clear written and photographic instructions. I made a size 8 and cut the hem length only for size 12 to make it a little longer.
The only really challenging part was inserting the invisible zipper into the dart and side seam. I know that mine isn't perfect, and some of that could be because I don't have an invisible zipper foot for my machine. However I can live with a little imperfection. I had hoped I could get away with the dress not needing a zip, a lot of other makers had said the dress sized up larger and they could get it over their heads without one - no such luck for me.
I knew it had a low cut neckline, I have yet to decide whether to stitch it up a little or just make sure I wear my low cut push up bra for maximum impact with it. Obviously if I stitch it up a little, it is more work suitable.
I didn't put the bands on the sleeves - the downside of using a directional print became rather obvious with the bias cut bands, I simply made a bias binding and bound them as I did on the Eva dress,
Overall, I'm pleased with the look and fit of the dress, I'm not sure if I would make this pattern again, however maybe that's just the fear of zips putting me off though. I am loving wearing dresses at present, in this lovely summer weather we are experiencing.