Tuesday 8 January 2019

Things Here Lately









A little of what I have been doing so far in January.  Please excuse the quality of the photos - my good camera is away with the teens (hopefully being looked after), so these are all done with my phone
  • A few more blocks for the Carolina chain quilt have been made - this brings the total to 30. I'm still debating whether to make another six, or just put bigger borders on these when I piece them together.
  • I made another pair of Palisade shorts after the success of my first pair.  This time in a woven tencel that has a linen denim  look.  I made these a little longer too.
  • I've started another dress using this printed cotton fabric.
  • Over the New Year holiday I visited Alberton House with a friend. This beautiful homestead is still filled with a lot of the original furniture and housewares.  Of special interest was the sewing room.
  • I read and enjoyed the latest Adriana Trigiani book - this one set in America during the Big Band era.  
Hoping you are all having a wonderful January so far.

7 comments:

  1. Loving your 'carolina chain' blocks! Alberton is rather lovely, we had one of our 'monday modern' shows there a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing :-) I will take that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done very well with your shorts, Julie! I hope you are getting of wear from them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alberton House looks amazing! Is it in Auckland? Carolina Chain is fabulously scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first week of January has certainly been packed with adventure, it's a long, tong time since I visited Alberton.
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shorts look great and the weather is just right to wear them.
    And your Carlolina Chain looks cheerful and colorful.
    Nice vintage sewing room too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt blocks look wonderful, as do your shorts! That house looks very interesting, is that in Auckland?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.