Friday 5 July 2019

Catch a "Fall"ing Star







Currently I am having an enforced break form sewing, while my machine is getting serviced, so it is a good time to try and finish some of the hand stitching wips I have.

Way back in August 2018, I started a canvas work project that my sister had sent me the pattern for.
I enjoyed working on it, though I did find it a little hard to stitch at night.  For some reason I put it aside and it got lost in the mess that was my sewing room.  Fast forward to a week or two ago, when I finished sewing my, coat and gave the sewing room a much needed tidy up.  Lo and behold I found the bag with it all in.

It hasn't actually taken to long to finish, and I am quite pleased with how it looks.  The finished size is about 7.5" square, and it is rather hard to photograph the colours accurately.

Now I just need to take it to the picture framers and let them work some magic on it.




5 comments:

  1. Sweet finish.......who knows what we will find in the depths of our sewing rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! Well worth finishing! It's amazing what we can find in our sewing rooms when we do a deep cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. :-) I have projects like that too.. hidden away. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little gem you have here. I can imagine the struggle stitching this in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece of stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.