Saturday 2 May 2020

Staying Home - Week 5


















Another week of lockdown - this time at level three.  It hasn't really had any impact on me, but I have noticed the traffic noise has increased in the early hours of the morning, there are tradespeople and contractors out working again and we can online shop, get takeaways through drive through or click and collect.  We are also able to go to beaches, or regional parks for exercise as long as we practice socially distancing still.

We celebrated a birthday this week.  Miss B turned 18, unfortunately none of our plans to celebrate this occasion was able to come to fruition.  Miss B really enjoys her coffee, so I decided to make her a coffee cake.

Panna cotta was our dessert one night.  Not really a hit with the boys,  recipe from here.  I liked it, but don't feel the need to make it a regular feature on my dessert menu.

Back to working on my lockdown challenge applique project again. I've added bullion knots, some kantha style stitching, more french knots.
I've traced another Burda Style pattern, and started sewing it.  I think that this fabric was possibly not my best choice for it, I'll persevere with it, but suspect it may not be totally wearable.  It's hard to press the seams and darts, due to the fabric which I think was a georgette or chiffon, and I possibly should have invested in some plain sheer black fabric for the inner  lining pieces.

And some really exciting news, today, The Scout, Mr J and I went to Tapapakanga -  one of our regional parks for a short hike.  It was so nice to walk somewhere new, to not have to give way to other people or cyclists and just get out of my neighbourhood. Real fresh air, a brisk breeze off the sea, feeling much happier now.

Kia kaha






3 comments:

  1. Coffee cake, yum! Our Atticus turns 18 on May 18th. Our plans also have been changed to celebrate. He also graduates from high school at the end of May. Those end of the school year plans and celebrations really changed.
    Our state is shut down until the first of June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your restrictions have eased a little - congrats to all New Zealeanders. Happy birthday to Miss 18. I suspect there will be an enormous amount of post covid celebrations! Loving your appliqué project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you have had a small lifting of your restrictions. We are still on lockdown. The isolation is really hard on my mom who lives in a retirement community. I LOVE the photos from your walk. It's so refreshing to see photos of the ocean and beach. Love the rock photo. Thank you for posting. It's soul food to see the photos of nature...your garden included!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.