Tuesday 6 October 2020

Finished - Folk Flower Quilt

 







I have finished my Folk Flowers Quilt and I love how it has turned out.

Originally started back in November 2019 at a workshop with Ann Maria Horner, I excitedly started making blocks, only to decide that 13 blocks was my limit because I couldn't get the appliqué to sit as smoothly as I would have liked.  Not wanting to waste the fabric or blocks, I decided to piece all the blocks together so I had a quilt top, (which I did earlier this year,) and then when I had it quilted I would donate it to my local hospice.

The backing was made from a Kona solid in a shade of blue,  and a Jennifer Paganelli floral, which was then packaged up with the top and sent to my friend Leeanne of Quilt Me Kiwi to work her magic.  All I asked for was "perhaps a swirly type floral design"  I couldn't be more happy with the design she picked, which is called Precious, and the fact that all the things I was unhappy about in the blocks have disappeared.

Now that I've bound it, it's really hard to give away, but I hope that it can give someone, whether a patient or supporting family member some comfort when its being used at the hospice.

6 comments:

  1. very whimsical - I love the colors and fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Julie! A lovely reminder of a special workshop and one very talented Anna Maria. I love your binding choice too! My daughter is a Hospice nurse and has told me the nurses all love matching up quilts with people, so I'm sure this beauty will be carefully paired up with someone who will love it & use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. I just bought the pattern and will start mine in the new year. I can only hope mine turns out as nice as yours. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful. Such a kind gift from your hands and your heart. I enjoy all your makes and the adventures you share here so much. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, your Folk Flower quilt is a beauty and will be treasured by a hospice patient or a loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how our thoughts about projects change throughout the process of making them. Isn't it magic that a quilt you had lost the passion for has turned out so beautifully after quilting? Good on you for donating it to a wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.