Sunday 4 October 2020

Rhapsody Blouse

 








 I had been looking for another boho style shirt to make, preferable one without buttons, when I came across a new to me pattern company, Love Notions and their Rhapsody Blouse,  The blouse has numerous sleeve options and can also be lengthened into a dress.

I purchased  and downloaded the pattern and bought some lovely floral rayon fabric from Spotlight. This was probably one of the easiest PDF patterns I have assembled because it required no trimming.  My measurements put me at a size small.  

The pattern itself had very clear instructions, I learnt a new technique - the burrito roll, and bought myself a new gadget - a 1/2" bias binding maker, which certainly makes making bias binding easier.  Still a faffy thing to sew onto clothing though.  The side seams are french seamed and all the neckline is bound with the bias binding I made. The sleeves were probably the easiest to insert from any pattern I have ever made.  I suspect I muddled up two sleeve options and have  subsequently made a new version on my shirt, I ended up attaching the cuff the way I learned in making my Bonn Shirt.

Overall I think it will be a very easy to wear shirt, that will be perfect for weekends or the relaxed wardrobe I need for work, and I am sure there will be another one or two made before summer begins.











2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. Great job! I may need to think about sewing a top or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Julie! Fab finish

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.