Friday 18 June 2021

Ms Magenta in the Garden

 





Yes, I could quite legitimately be a character in a Cluedo game in this jacket.

Last year during lockdown, I made a little cropped jacket with a pattern from Burda Style magazine. this has ended up being one of my most worn winter pieces, so I thought I'd make a plain black or charcoal version, that would go with everything.   Well plans have a habit of changing, and I ended up falling in love with a beautiful magenta cashmere/viscose blend, that I decided I could wear with all my black winter clothes instead.

Apart from a few stressful moments (due to minimal instructions)  attaching the lining hem and making the pivoted corners where the sleeves join the jacket body, it is  a lovely pattern to make up.

I have decided to forgo the button and buttonhole on this jacket and use  some of the funky/chunky brooches I own to fasten it instead.

And yes, I do still need to make a plain black trans seasonal jacket.



3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! How nice to see such a gorgeous colour for Winter. Love it and using brooches is such a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great jacket! I love those vintage rhinestone pins too, I have a bunch. Your dragonfly is the perfect touch to the magenta. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in magenta! It is not a color everyone can wear! That is a good-looking jacket. No wonder you wanted to make it again. I love the simple lines. Carol in Texas

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.