Monday 6 September 2021

Tide Top




I have had the pattern for the Tide Top (formerly Kobe Top) and this luscious silk viscose fabric tucked away waiting to be used for at least three years.

Once again lockdown proved to be the perfect time to get it done.  The pattern is from New Zealand company Papercut Patterns.  It really is case of business in the front, party in the back with this design, with its simple front and surprise back view.  I love that exposed keyhole of skin, created by the dramatic pleat. 

Based on my measurements I should have made a size XS, however reading lots of blog and instagram posts on this being quite an oversized design, I sized down to XXS, and am glad I did.  It is quite a cropped design in the front, so I lengthened that by  about two inches and shortened the back shirt tail by the same. 

A lot of spray starch was used to make this fabric easier to sew,  I also  French seamed the side seams to give it a more professional finish and hopefully some longevity.  This will definitely be a hand wash only garment. Thankfully, I was fortunate enough to find some thread that co-ordinated with the colours in the fabric and a button from button jar to finish it off, seeing as we can't get out to buy any at present.

I'm really pleased I finally used this fabric and pattern, and am looking forward to warmer days and occasions to actually wear it out.

5 comments:

  1. It really looks lovely Julie. Love the back view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that shirt - the design of the fabric is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roll on Summer Julie - looks like you're well on the way to a full wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking lovely, and goes great teamed up with jeans!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.