Monday 10 January 2022

Mary Quant Exhibition

 









During the weekend I went to the Mary Quant Exhibition at Auckland Art Gallery.

It showcased about 100 different garments from the time she burst on to the scene in the mid 50's through her heyday of the 60's to the mid 70's. She was a real entrepreneur, with her stores, exports, makeup, sewing patterns and accessories available at the time.  There were some that I thought I'd enjoy wearing and others not so much.  My friend and I had a great time reminiscing over  the Daisy Dolls and clothes we had for them.



















2 comments:

  1. I always loved her clothes in the 60-70s that must have been interesting to see

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo wanted to see this exhibition when it was here, but it was in Bendigo and with restrictions we just couldn’t get there. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.