Sunday 1 May 2022

Two Toned Fantail Top

 



I have had this pale blue linen/cotton blend in my garment making stash for a while now, and have been reluctant to use it for a top, after my husband made a comment about going for a hospital scrub look.

One night while lying in bed, I had the brainwave that if there was enough of the blue rayon animal print left from my Skulduggery Top, I could use it with the linen and make a new fantail top.

This is the result.  I have made the Fantail top before, see here, but thought that it was a little big on me, so this time I reprinted the pattern in a size 8.  It is a much better fit, I also omitted the neck facing and made a bias binding to match the sleeves and make it more cohesive looking.  The sleeves were also shortened about 4cm, and then I just threaded a narrow elastic through.  I love how the gathered detail is really defined on the front in a solid colour, and hopefully after a couple of wash and wears the linen will soften and be a little more drapey.

Photos were taking using the selfie and self timer option on my phone, in the absence of my unwilling teen photographers.

Pattern is from NZ company  The Sewing Revival




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.