It's a busy time of year at present. Miss B and Mr J are sitting exams, summer sports have started, the lawns and weeds are growing faster than I can maintain them. Sometime very soon, I seriously need to think about Christmas shopping and menu planning too. Anyway, here's a little snapshot of what else has been keeping me busy lately.
- Taking the time in the evening to head down to the little beach, near where I live and appreciate the sunset.
- Garment sewing plans- the Eva Dress from Tessuti in vintage brick linen, the only downside to PDF patterns is the cutting of lots of pages, fitting them together, then cutting out all the pieces again. Hopefully I can make a start on it this next weekend.
- A gorgeous inspiring pile of gardening, (it's nice to dream) cooking and sewing books from the library.
- Loving this simple 16 patch quilt from the book - USE SCRAPS, SEW BLOCKS, MAKE QUILTS. Maybe this is what's needed to get my sewjo back for quilting - a nice simple pattern and lots of colour. though I think I may need to buy a few more solids first.
- My summer vegetable garden is coming along nicely - lettuce, beetroot and cucumber with African marigolds on one side of the tamarillo tree - the other side of the tree are my tomato plants. Fingers crossed for a prolific haul.
- Summer colour is starting to clothe my Canna lilies now and bring some much needed colour to my garden, and my star jasmine is just starting to bloom.
Wishing you all a fabulous weekend.