Friday 20 October 2017

Bird Dance - Completed



Meeka thinks any quilt is for her.












My sister Janine's Bird Dance Quilt.

On Wednesday last week,  I received a parcel at work.  Lots of happy jumpy claps followed.  It was my Bird Dance Quilt returning from being quilted by Leanne otherwise known as Quiltmekiwi.

Leanne also quilted my sister's Bird Dance quilt, so I knew she would do a beautiful job.  Every bird block has been quilted differently using Leeanne's free range doodling skills. The birds just POP.

My quilt differed from my sister's, in that I omitted the berries that were appliqued and embellished on the border, so I asked Leanne to do feathery flourishy quilting on that.

Batting is a wool/poly blend provided by Leeanne.  The backing was a fabric from  Laura Gunn's Cosmos Collection, and because I had plain borders, I felt that I could get away with a bright multicoloured binding so used a Philip Jacobs print called Tree fungi which picked up a lot of the colours.

The last photos shows both my sister's and my Bird Dance quilt, completed in colours and styles that are individual to us.

Now we're trying to decide on a project for next year, the cushion I had originally picked has fallen off the want to make list.

Have a fabulous weekend.

**To see the story behind us making this quilt see here  and here**






18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, such a pretty quilt! I love all your chirpy birds, your beautiful stitchery, and the quilting too. The expressions on some of those birds is delightful! And the fabric/ felt combo works so well. B.e.a.u.t.iful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful, you are both so very talented. They are a delight to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous. Leanne has done the quilts proud

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be thrilled with your happy Bird Dance quilt Julie! What an achievement! I'm sure it will hold pride of place in your home for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, thank you I don't often get to see the quilts I have quilted finished with the binding attached..........looks superb! What wall in the house will it grace?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful!! What lovely work, Julie!! I am in awe at the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! The colors and embroidery are fabulous.
    Both quilts of course.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilts are gorgeous! Love seeing the beautiful birds together. Well done, both of you! Of course, Meeka thinks any quilt is for her. It's time you accepted that as fact ;)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most beautiful quilt ever!!!!!! There is so much to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! They're both stunning. Congratulations to you both on brilliant finishes and the quilting on them is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both quilts are gorgeous!! Leeanne does the most beautiful quilting. Love the vinding you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lot of work! But well worthwhile. It's lovely! And I love the feathered quilting in the border, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julie ... just popped over from Leeannes blog. Your quilt looks amazing & stunning - love your binding choice too. Love love the cat photo .... just perfect to compliment your gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beide Quilts sind fantastisch schön!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bird quilts are both beautiful. The quilting on your one is outstanding. PS Kitty is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness, both these quilts are just stunning! Lovely to see the different colours and settings of the birds in the two quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So far behind reading, but I am catching up and just had to say WOW!!! This is incredible, so beautiful and so wonderful. The quilting is beautiful and enhances the birds, but it is the birds that make it!!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.