Wednesday 4 September 2013

Spring Blooms













This morning I went walking around the Auckland Botanic Gardens.  Lots of beautiful spring blooms starting to come out.  The tuis were flying around madly trying to impress each other and get maximum nectar from all the kowhai and other blossoms. I was told that if I visit the gardens in the afternoon, some of the younger birds are almost drunk from the nectar and  will often fall out of  the trees.  No ducklings there yet, but I am sure it won't be long.  In a couple of weeks all the cherry blossoms should be flowering too - so hopefully I'll remember to get there to see them.

**I timed it just right, I have been home for 30 minutes and now the rain has just started.  Luckily the washing got dry in time**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.