The lovely warm weather we have been having is doing wonders for my vegetable and fruit plants
- we share a grapevine with my neighbour - it is absolutely laden with bunches of tiny grapes. Last year the birds got to them before we did - so I must get a net for them this year. They are sweet and juicy and taste like grapes I remember from my childhood.
- the passionfruit plant is now starting to get lots of small fruit on it - can't wait till they are ready to use - I think it is usually around the end of March they start dropping off.
- my Sweet 100 cherry tomato now has some tomatoes appearing too.
- another handful of beans was picked today and there are three more zucchini to be picked too.
- more lettuce plants and some radish seeds have been planted too.
Does anyone watch The Edible Garden with Alys Fowler on Choice TV on Friday nights - it is quite inspiring as to what she grows in her garden. She has a couple of books published too, which I am waiting to get from my library.
How is your vegetable garden growing?
What are your most successful crops so far?
Have you tried some new vegetables this year?