Gosh it's March already, officially the first day of Autumn in New Zealand. Things here lately - some little bits of randomness from my life over the past couple of weeks.
- Reading is something I will always have time for - here are three that I have recently read and really enjoyed.
- Now that the school holidays are over, and Miss B, my kitchen apprentice is busy with school, and after school activities, I find that I am left with the baking job again. I tried a new recipe - Blueberry Upside Down Cake, I used frozen blueberries and it worked out fine. Recipe here
- Colour in the garden, not many flowers this year for picking unfortunately, I need to plan my planting better next year. The geranium and Iresine were all grown from cuttings.
- My tamarillos are getting bigger and we have one watermelon just about ready for picking.
- Still working on the hand quiting for the Sea Glas Sampler Quilt - it's hot work with the wool batting some evenings. Of course as soon as I spread it out to plan the next stage, Meeka appears and claims it. I think I know where she will be sleeping in the winter months when it's completed.
Wishing you all a fabulous rest of the week and weekend ahead.