Sunday 3 March 2019

Another Day in Devonport

















My second Sunday in Devonport.

I walked and explored side streets today, that led to beaches with stunning views of Rangitoto Island, wonderful old houses and interesting architectural details.  Flowers always catch my eye. Yes the sky really was this blue too.

I spent a couple of hours at the movies at New Zealand's oldest operating purpose built cinema and watched Collette, and then had a little spend at Cushlas Village Fabrics.  I'm planning on using the bright Kaffe Fasset fabric as the binding on my Carolina Chain quilt.

Weekends will be back to normal now, so normal sewing and quilting posts may resume.
Have a wonderful week ahead.




11 comments:

  1. Today was an absolute stunner. I have also been to the cinema at Devonport but about 30 years ago... And I've never actually caught Cushlas open... is it always open on a Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the flowers and the buildings - it all looks so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so many beautiful pictures! That looks like a special place to visit indeed! I am intrigued by the wall/fence with the colorful lines. Is that painted on, or are they threads hanging off? So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovey additions to your stash! And more great pics, it was certainly a great day, perfect for exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Fig tree, I was in wonder over it last year when we stayed in Devonport. Looks like you had a fabulous day out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some really great shots - good camera eye. I've never seen a paintdrip wall like that - it's neat! The fabrics will make a fantastic binding against the gray borders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours of your fabric you got at Cushla's. Wonderful old houses too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun, Fun! Thank you for sharing.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning photos of Devonport Julie, and how fortunate that you were able to force yourself to visit Chushla's shop!!The bright KF was produced in a few colours but I think I do like the one you've chosen best, very vibrant and happy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photo’s of Nw Zealand... and your fabrics! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More beautiful photos of a beautiful place. My goodness the sky is blue! Love your new fabrics; how pretty they are. Gotta love Kaffe Fasset fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.